Why does your pet need a cat house?
Despite the fact that cats are domesticated animals, they prefer solitude and, just like us people, need some personal space to get rest from family members and their furry companions living side by side. A cat having its own corner for sleep and playing is less aggressive and nervous – it knows that there’s a certain secluded spot belonging only to it.
What can be better for your furry friend than a special cat house? Soft bedding, scratching post, rocker and toys make it a lovely place for every feline. If you’re a caring pet owner, there are at least 4 reasons to look for cat dwellings:
- Organizing a separate place for sleeping you ensure normal rest for your cat. Family members don’t disturb it – and it doesn’t get in your way.
- A module with a scratching post can save your soft furniture, bed, and curtains. Besides, you make sure that particles of claws and cat hair will be left in one place instead of being scattered all around your house.
- Modern cat furniture can serve as the main entertainment facility for your furry friend – climbers, rockers, and stairs make it way more appealing for an animal.
- A pet with its own bedding feels more comfortable and safer.
Now when you have ensures that a cat house is a must for your beloved feline, it’s time to observe the worthiest models available online.
Bestseller: Go Pet Club Cat Tree Furniture 62 in. High
You’ve just got a kitten and wonder which of indoor cat houses would suit it best? Go Pet Club offers a comprehensive solution for baby and adult cats: this cat tree furniture serves as the place to sleep, play, and train. Such a solution will promote active exercise: there’s enough space for a kitten to climb up and down, play, and jump.
Key features of this cat tree include:
- The overall construction is 62 inches high, 38 inches wide and 27 inches long.
- The model is equipped with a condo and the top perch, as well as a tube and a rocker.
- Softcover makes cat’s rest comfy and magnetizes fur.
- The model is available in four colors so you can choose a condo suiting your interior.
Best outdoor cat house: Petsfit 2-Story Outdoor Weatherproof
If your pet loves spending a lot of time in the backyard, consider buying an outdoor cat shelter. The solution from Petsfit combines both functionality and aesthetics: users praise it for convenience and great design. The two-story outdoor cat house would be suitable for sleeping and hiding from the rain, as well as playing around.
The salient features of this model are:
- Scratching pad prevents damage of furniture.
- Easy assembly and installation – the hole for cats are already drilled.
- Asphalt waterproof roofing protects the cat from the rain.
- Overall dimensions: 19 in L x 19 in W x 11 in H.
It should be noted that this model can serve as an outdoor cat shelter for multiple cats – there’s enough place to fit in a couple of adult cats and kittens. However, it doesn’t have any toys and stairs, so this outdoor cat shelter is more suitable for sleeping and rest rather than playing and training.
Best budget pick: Best Pet Supplies, Inc. Tent Bed for Pets
Pet owners in search of non-expensive cat dwellings should pay attention to the tent offered by Best Pet Supplies. Lightweight and compact, this model can serve as the bed for your kitty – it is available in different colors and would look good in any interior. The plush material makes it a heaven for cats to sleep.
Let’s take a closer look at the features:
- Soft foldable construction allows flattening the roof.
- Plush pet tent with linen, corduroy and faux suede lining ensure unbeatable comfort and is easy to clean.
- Versatile design and classic color solutions make this tent fit into any decor.
- Several sizes are available, the classic size is 16 x 16 x 14 inches.
This is a simple and yet convenient cat dwelling that would appeal to adult pets. However, kittens might need additional features like a rocker and stairs, so if you need a more advanced, non-costly solution, better search for cat houses for sale.
The best insulated cat house: The Kitty Tube Gen 3 Outdoor Insulated Cat Dwelling with Custom Pet Pillow
If your furry friend spends most time outside, simple outdoor cat houses won’t do: you need a weatherproof solution. Opt for an insulated cat house ‘The Kitty Tube Gen. 3’ – it guarantees exceptional protection against bad weather, cold and precipitations. Although its design leaves a lot to be desired, this outdoor cat house can fit three adult cats and will protect them against bad weather and predators.
Key features are as follows:
- The plastic frame made of eco-friendly recycled content keeps moisture at the bay, and the insulation layer saves warm in the winter and prevents overheating in the summer.
- The cover is removable, which simplifies cleaning and transportation.
- The bottom has a drainage system.
- The kit includes a custom pet bed (machine washable).
- The model features handles for easy transportation. It’s lightweight and compact.
- Kitty Tube accessories can be bought and installed additionally.
- Dimensions – 24 x 24 x 23 inches.
Although it’s one of the most expensive outside cat houses, the Kitty Tube ensures exceptional convenience for outdoor cats keeping them warm and dry. It is 100% weatherproof, so your pet may enjoy this cozy shelter even during spring and winter.
Alternative: K&H Pet Products Outdoor heated cat house
Not sure whether an insulated outdoor cat house will ensure the due level of convenience? Consider buying an outdoor heated cat house. K&H offers a non-expensive solution that will keep your pet warm and cozy (it actually comes in two variations – with and without heating). It is made of water-resistant materials and features 2 doors for an easy escape.
Key features of the heated cat house:
- The construction is made of lightweight waterproof materials and features nylon with a vinyl backing to keep rain and moisture at the bay.
- Easy assembly thanks to hook & loop fastener walls and a zippered roof – no tools are required.
- Two doors for a cat to escape from predators easily.
- The electro-heated bed provides additional comfort and warmth.
Please, note that although this is a waterproof outdoor cat house, it should rather be installed in garages, porches or barns, e.g. places without extra precipitations. It’s twice cheaper than an insulated outdoor cat house due to construction and materials and is not supposed to be exposed to heavy rain. Otherwise, your pet can be the victim of a short circuit.
How to select a perfect variant?
In order to buy a model that would satisfy both you and your furry friend, pay attention to the following aspects:
- Find out what your pet needs. Felines of different age and breed have specific requirements and needs. A cat house should be chosen accordingly. For example, kittens need a shelter with toys and stages to climb up normally. At the same time, the platform should be low enough to prevent accidents. Elderly cats prefer soft, convenient condos with heating pads.
- Mind the space. Make sure that there’s enough room for a cat to sleep and play – each breed requires different sizes of room. Also, find a perfect spot for the shelter in your home or backyard – most cats love dark secluded places, and at the same time enjoy observing the world around from high perches. Also, don’t forget about the weather conditions in your home.
- Make sure that the house is stable and durable. Cats love scratching, climbing and jumping – the model should be strong enough to sustain its weight and inertia. The more stable furniture is, the more you have to pay for it. Wooden houses would be perfect because they usually last longer than plastic analogs.
- How heavy is it? When you buy from the Internet, find out much does the model weigh. Since you will need to clean it often, it’s better to find a lightweight model.
- Where will the house be installed? Outdoor models should be made of waterproof materials, and ideally – have insulation or a heating module. Indoor models should have cozy and soft bedding, be equipped with a scratcher and elements for jumping and playing.
FAQ for buying the best cat house
Let’s answer the most frequently asked questions from pet owners.
Cats value solitude and rest like no one else – organizing a secure corner for your feline companion is a must. There’s the whole gamut of cat houses available in pet shops and online, but making an informed decision is a bit challenging.
There are hundreds of different models online: small and big ones, simple and sophisticated, cheap and premium solutions. Buying a suitable piece of furniture isn’t so hard when you know what exactly your furry friend wants. Take into consideration your pet’s needs, its age, and breed – it should feel comfortable, and the cat house shouldn’t expose it to any danger. We hope our reviews have helped you to figure out the most optimal variant for your pet.